1. Most people abhor cruelty to animals.
2. The pain-killer abated his splitting headache.
3. The mountain village is adjacent to a highway.
4. A good student does not need to be admonished about being absent too much.
5. People are much better informed since the advent of television.
6. A good friend will not desert you in time of adversity.
7. The French and Italian languages have many affinities with each other.
8. The young man spends money like water in that he comes from an affluent family.
9. She didn’t mention Mr. Smith by name, but it was clear she was alluding to him.
10. The little restaurant has a pleasant ambience.