Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. A person of integrity not only sets high moral and ethical standards but also _______.
A) sticks to them in their daily life
B) makes them known to others
C) understands their true values
D)sees that others also follow them
2. What role does integrity play in personal and professional relationships?
A) It helps to create team spirit
B) It facilitates communication
C) It is the basis of mutual trust
D) It inspires mutual respect
3. why must we learn to identify the risks we are going to take？
A. To ensure we make responsible choices.
B. To avoid being overwhelmed by stress.
C. so that we don’t break any rules.
D. so that we don’t run into trouble.
4. Violation of a rule is misconduct even if _______?
A. it has caused no harm.
B. it is claimed to be unintentional.
C. it has gone unnoticed.
D. it is committed with good intentions.
5. What should one do if he doesn’t wish to fool himself?
A. Avoid making excuses.
B. Listen to other people’s advice.
C. Make his intensions public.
D. Have others watch over his shoulder.
6. Those who take risks they regret later on _______.
A. will often become more cautious
B. are usually very aggressive
C. value immediate benefits most.
D. may lose everything in the end
7. According to the author, a cheater who doesn’t get caught right away will _______.
A) pay more dearly
B) become more confident
C) be widely admired
D) feel somewhat lucky
8. Cheaters at exam don’t care about their education, all they care about is how to stealing a grade
9. Integrity matters in that all social activities rely on people’s honesty and good faith.
10. Many Americans lost faith in the integrity of their political leaders as a result of the Watergate scandal.