1. ___ is the capital of Scotland.
A Dublin B Edinburgh C Cardiff D New Castle
2. In history, Romans occupied Britain for about ___ years.
A 700 B 600 C 500 D 400
3. You can find the Grand Canyon in the State of ___.
A Arizona B California C New Mexico D Chicago
4. Around ___ of New Zealanders are found in North Island.
A 3/4 B 1/2 C 3/5 D 2/5
A 16th B 17th C 18th D 19th
6. In his works, Defoe praised the industrious, sturdy ___ and showed his sympathy for the downtrodden, unfortunate poor.
A working people B aristocrats C middle-class people D capitalist upstarts
7. To some extent, the Romantic Movement revealed a ___ attitude toward the social and political conditions then.
A positive B negative C neutral D prejudiced
8. In semantic studies, ___ refers to the inherent meaning of the linguistic form.
A sense B synonym C homonym D reference
9. A linguistic situation in which two standard languages are used either by an individual or by a group of speakers is called ___.
A situational dialect B slang C linguistic taboo D bilingualism
10. Syntactic change includes all the following EXCEPT ___.
A rule loss B affix loss C rule addition D rule change