A A True Relation of Virginia
B The True Travels of Captain John Smith
C Map of the Bay and the Rivers
D A Description of New England
2. The Tenth Muse Lately Sprung up in America was written by ___.
A John Smith B John Ellis
C Anne Bradstreet D Nathaniel Morton
3. A Funeral Elegy upon That Pattern and Patron of Virtue was written by John Norton in the memory of ___.
A John Smith B Anne Bradstreet
C Nathaniel Morton D Benjamin Franklin
4. Edward Taylor was a poet of ___.
A Local Colorism
B American Romanticism
C New England Transcendentalism
D Colonial American
5. Poor Richard’s Almanac was written by ___ who also wrote ___.
A Benjamin Franklin … Autobiography
B Washington Irving … Autobiography
C Washington Irving … History of New York
D Benjamin Franklin … History of New York
6. All the following but ___ are the works of John Woolman.
A Journal of John Woolman
B Some considerations upon the keeping of Negroes
C A plea for the Poor
D Poor Richard’s Almanac
7. The series of “poems of romantic fancy” are poems written by ___.
A Washington Irving B James Fenimore Cooper
C Edgar Allan Poe D Philip Freneau
8. ___ was the first black woman who published her collection of poems.
A Philis Wheatley B Ralph Ellison
C James Baldwin D Alex Haley
9. Escape: or A Leap for Freedom written by black author John Wells Brown was a(n) ___.
A poem B novel
C play D essay
10. Charles Brockden Brown wrote all the following novels but ___.
A Wieland B Ormond
C Edgar Huntley D The Pioneers