1. When did the third wave of migration begin in Australia?
A after the First World War
B after the Second World War
C during the Second World War
D after the Vietnam War
2. In Australia, under ____the legislation to provide equal pay for men and women doing the same work was passed.
A the Whitlam government
B the Hawker government
C the Keating government
D the Fraser government
3. The two main land masses in New Zealand are______.
A the white island and the thermal region
B the north island and the south island
C Auckland and south island
D the southern Apls and the north island
4. New Zealanders have adopted their name from the kiwi,____.
A which is an introduced flightless bird
B which was the only mammal in New Zealand
C which is a native flightless bird
D which was introduced to New Zealand 1000years ago
5. Who produced the first complete map of New Zealand in 1769?
A Able Tasman B Dutchman
C Hobson D James Cook
6. What is the other official language besides English in New Zealand?
7. Which of the following is not one of the major exports of New Zealand?
D dairy products
8. The first settlers of New Zealand were _____.
A European navigator
B scalers and whales
C voyagers from east Polynesia
D Christian missionaries
9. The head of state of New Zealand is____.
A the prime minister
B the British monarch
C the governor general
D the president
10. General election in New Zealand has been held about ___since 1879.
A every 4 years
B every 2 years
C every 3 years
D every 5 years