A Watt Tyler B Henry Turner
C Richard D Stephen
2___ In English individualistic culture, one should bother Englishmen without a good reason and making appointment beforehand seems to be important. It is best reflected by an English proverb ___?
A as welcome as a storm
B an Englishman's house is his castle
C do not wear out your welcome
D outstay one's welcome
3___ ___ is the first weekday after Christmas, a legal holiday in English, Wales, Northern Ireland, New Zealand,Australia and South Africa.
A Thanksgiving Day B Anzac Day
C St. Valentine's Day D Boxing Day
4___ The Bible was originally written in ___.
A Latin B English
C Hebrew D Arabic
5 ___ is a very wise man, the king of the Hebrews around the tenth century B.C. and was well-known for his wisdom.
A Solomon B The old Adam
C Judas D Jesus
6. Which of the following king was executed in the civil war?
A James I B Charles I
C James II D Charles II
7. From 1649 to 1658 English was called a Commonwealth. It was ruled first by Oliver Cromwell as ___.
A President B Lord Protector
C Lieutenant General D Commander of the New Model Army
8. A "vote of no confidence" is decided by ___.
A the House of Lords
B the Prime Minister
C the House of Commons
D the two major parties
9. Which of the following particularly happens on the Queen's Birthday?
A Trooping the Color B the Eisteddfod
10. In American English "Totem" is a loan word from ___, meaning “图腾” in chinese.
A Dutch B India language
C German D French