1. The longest river in Britain is ___?
A Severn B Tees
C Thames D Clyde
2. The British Isles is made up of ___?
A Three large islands and hundreds of small ones B Two large islands and hundreds of small ones
C Three large islands and dozens of small ones D Two large islands and dozens of small ones
3. In ___ the Romans conquered Greece.
A 146 B.C B 1200 B.C
C 700 B.C D the 5th century
4. Which work described the war led by Agamemnon against the city of Troy?
A Antigone B Odyssey
C Iliad D Oedipus the king
5. There are three political divisions ___ on the island of Great Britain.
A England, Scotland, and Ireland B England, Scotland, and Wales
C England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland D Northern Ireland, Wales, and Scotland
6. The Tower of London, located in the centre of London, was built by___.
A King Harold B William the Conqueror
C Robin Hood D Oliver Cromwell
7. St. Paul’s Cathedral is in ___.
A Liverpool B London
C Glasgow D Birmingham
8. The largest lake in Britain is ___?
A Ullswater B Loch Lomond
C Windermere D The Lough Neagh
9. Which culture reached a high point of development in the 5th century B.C?
A Roman Culture B Greek Culture
C Chinese Culture D Egyptian Culture
10. The founder of scientific mathematics is ___.
A Aristotle B Heracleitus
C Socrates D Pythagoras