1. In recent years， many Chinese families have owned cars (computers/mobile phones/video cameras/houses/... ).
2. Recently the issue of... has been brought to public attention. (Currently there is a widespread concern that... /Now people in growing number are coming to realize that... )
3. Nowadays， a heated debate (discussion) about the accession to WTO (private cars/stocks/brain-drain/Chinas football/... ) is under way in China.
4. As the market economy (the legal system/the living standard/the higher education system/the highway network/the infrastructure/...) improves in China，free competition will increasingly replace all sorts of monopolies.
5. One great man said that...
6. As the public awareness of the market economy (population control/socialism and communism/wildlife preservation/environmental protection/higher education/human rights/anti-monopoly[/creativity/competition/laws and regulations/...) heightens， the gap between China and the developed countries will gradually vanish (many social problems will be solved gradually).
7.Recently，extensive studies (statistics/surveys/investigations/...) show (reveal/indicate/demonstrate/prove/...) that 07 Chinese cities and 23 small towns suffer water shortages.
8. These days we often tell that...， but is this really the case?
9. There are three major values of owning a car (a computer/an apartment/a mobile phone/a beeper/...). To begin with .... Next .... Last .... There are， on the other hand， more reasons against it. First (ly)... Second (ly) .... Finally .....
10. There are some reasons for owing a car ( traffic accidents/big fires in big cities/water shortages/destruction of virgin forests/... ).