1. Stage 24 (home toFriends from season two until now) is said to be haunted. It is oneof the oldest stages on the Warner Bros. lot and rumors of latenight "occurrences" have been circulating for years!
2. Each episodeenlists from 35 to 50 extras. James Michael Tyler (Gunther) was anextra in season one. He was the only extra who could work thecappuccino machine, which led to his recurring role. Not until hisfirst spoken line ("Yes." in The One with Phoebe's Dad) did thewriters give him a name。
每一集有35--50个群众演员。JamesMichael Tyler从第一季开始出现，群众演员中只有他会使用cappuccino咖啡机，从此之后一直有戏。但直到 TOWPhoebe's Dad 那一集，他才有了第一句对白“Yes”，于是剧作者们才给他起了个名字——阿甘。
3. The WardrobeDepartment has an entire room just for handbags!
4. The artwork inCentral Perk is changed every 3 episodes. The art departmentshowcases local, national and international artists. Some artistscreate original pieces just for the show!
5. The shops acrossfrom Central Perk have meaning. Dottie & Herman'sDeli is named after co-creator Marta Kauffman's relatives. FreeBeing Records is an homage to a Greenwich Village record store thatexecutive producer Kevin Bright frequented as a kid。
咖啡馆对面的商店也有典故。店名“Dottie & Herman'sDeli”是原剧作者之一Marta Kauffman的亲戚的名字；“Free BeingRecords”是向格林威治镇的一家唱片店致敬，因为制片人Kevin Bright小时候常常光顾那里。
6. Paul Swain, theElectrical Best Boy, draws the art on the Magna-Doodle boardhanging on the back of Joey and Chandler's front door. Sometimes hedoes a drawing that the writers request or that relates to thestoryline; otherwise, the doodle is usually an inside joke with thecrew。
7. Monica and Joey'srefrigerators actually work (a TV rarity). Monica's is filled withwater and soda for the cast and crew. Joey's (pictured) is, um,pretty darn bachelor-like。
8. The sandwich boardoutside Central Perk references a crew member who went above andbeyond the call of duty. "Neighbor Tim" has been appearing atCentral Perk ever since his good deed on the set。
9. In the cold open of"The One with the Princess Leia Fantasy" (Season Premiere, 1996)，the gang came in and found other people sitting in their CentralPerk spots. Those were the show's writers for thatseason。
10. The show goesthrough 32 pots of regular coffee on show day and over 100 cases ofwater a week。
11. Phoebe hasperformed over 25 original songs on the show since the firstseason。
12.The Central Perkset is one of the few soundstage sets with a real asphalt "street."This allows for more realistic sound during exterior scenes, andallows for underground plumbing to pipe-in real steam from themanholes。
13. The newspapersnear the pay phone in Central Perk are six months old。
14. 30,000 feet offilm is used to tape one episode of Friends。
15. The art departmentupdates the food in Monica's kitchen cupboards weekly. But types offood (ie: pasta, canned goods) are always kept in the same areas,because Monica is so organized!
16. Monica andChandler's kitchen has 7 spatulas in plain view。
17. The show orderspizza twice a night for the studio audience. That's a total of 85pizzas to feed the 300 audience members. (The cast and crewsometimes get sushi too!)
18. When the originalMagna-Doodle wore out, the prop department had to find one on eBayto match the original。
19. Robin Williams andBilly Crystal did four takes of their brief cameo in CentralPerk。
20. Most of the copyon the Central Perk coffee board is the original copy from theshow's first season (typos included!)
21. The show spends$1,700 a week on lightbulbs or "globes."
22. Executiveproducer/co-creator Kevin Bright often directs episodes. He alsore-edits the opening title sequence twice each year with newfootage. Once for the first 12 episodes, then again for the second12.
23. Each script goesthrough three to five drafts - and often times jokes are rewrittenduring filming, based on audience response。
24. It takes 366,000watts of electricity to light all the sets on Stage 24 for oneFriends filming. That is the equivalent electrical power of 12large homes。
25. 25 to 30 peopleattend the weekly table reads. This is when the cast reads thescript for that week's episode aloud for the first time。
The average woman cannot keep a secret for longer than 47 hours, a new study suggests. Researchers found that women are overcome by a burning desire to share gossip as soon as the
Elizabeth H. Blackburn (mentioned below), Carol W. Greider and Jack W. Szostak have just won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their breakthrough work on telomerase, wh