1) but, but on the contrary, but on the other hand, but then;
2) by contrast, in contrast, in contrast with/to, as a contrast to, as opposed to;
3)by contraries, on the contrary, to the contrary, contrary to (A), opposite to, in opposition to;
4) whereas, while, while on the other hand, while on the whole, yet, however;
5) (as) compared with/to, by comparison, in comparison with, by comparison to.
6) First..., Next..., Last...;
7) In the first/early/initial/infant period/stage/phase(或In its infancy) ..., In the second/middle/adult/ripe period/stage/phase..., In the third/last/closing/later/concluding period...;
8) One step (way/course/approach/secret/trick)..., Another step..., Still another step...;
9) The first measure/step/move..., Next to it comes..., And the last/final/the most important measure...;
10) The direct experience/lesson/factor/way(或One lesson)...The indirect experience/lesson/factor/way(或The other lesson)...
1) But the obvious(fatal/serious) flaw (defect/drawback) in their argument (attitude/idea/view/action/behavior) is that.../But the basic (main/great/key/ big) problem with their argument (...) is that...
(e.g. ...that they are ignorant of (blind to) a bare fact: Social changes have attached new meanings and values to the division between good and bad.)
2) But if...it is (not) easy (difficult/hard) to see (find/discover) that ...
(e.g. But if they adjust their frame of mind a little in the other direction , it is not hard for them to find that life is just as promising as before.)
3) Too much emphasis (attention/stress/concern/significance) placed on (given to/focused on/attached to/paid to) the negative (sunny/gloomy/bright) side of the issue, however, may...(如mislead/confuse/cloud/bias/disturb our judgment of it.)A
(e.g. ..., however, may mislead us to form a pessimistic estimate of current situations.或..., however, may stop us from rendering (passing/forming/having) a fair(correct/clear/infallible/wise)judgment on it.)
4) But in most cases/from the point of view of justice (objectivity)/as a matter of fact/in a very true sense, their (public/general) satisfaction (dissatisfaction/disillusionment/concern) with...(或their criticism of.../their argument for/against.../their objection to.../their approval for...) can not.../is..., for...
(e.g. But in an impartial sense, the public dissatisfaction can not hold every water, for our society is still abundant in goodness and beauty.)
5) As a result of..., however, things would/are bound to...
(e.g. As a result of such an utter indifference to vicious behavior, however , things would be past saving/mending/all the hope.)