1) Sth. is like/as...as/similar to/the same as/compared to/as if (though) ...(明喻)
(e.g. In the eyes of book worms, books are compared to/like a magic blanket that carries them anywhere as they like.)
2) Sth. is/refers to/is nothing but...(暗喻)
(e.g. For/To a seeker after the treasure of knowledge, learning is rowing across an unbounded ocean, in which hardship is seen as his boat.)
3) Sth. is thought of/defined/valued/cherished/seen/esteemed as...
(e.g. A true friend is valued not only as your shadow that comforts your body but also as your mirror that helps you find any dirt on your face.)
4) A does sth. just as B does sth. else.
(e.g. Educative experiences of life can tell us how to get rid of failure, just as weather beaten sailors know how to steer clear of rocks.)
5) Sth. means/signifies/stands for/is a symbol(matter/sign/token)of...
(e.g. Love is not a matter of seeking self-satisfaction; it is first a matter of giving and then discovering, as an unexpected gift, the deepest satisfaction one can know.)
6) With a constant/steady improvement in ...(或With the gradual worsening of...) sth. will...
(e.g. develop to one's advantage)A
(e.g. With a steady improvement in its administration, the new-born thing will flourish on Chinese soil.)
7) In (the) course of time/In a long run (the long term), sth. is more likely/believed/bound/sure to...
(e.g. In a long run, the practice of birth control is believed to do a great benefit to the future of China.)
8) In spite of the fact that...(或Although...), sth. will (not)...in our /one's assiduous/conscious/consistent efforts. A
(e.g. In spite of the fact that their is no hope of attaining the final goal at one go, this reform will be spreading far and wide in our consistent efforts .)
9) In a word, there is every/little chance/probability/possibility that. ..in time to come. A
(e.g. In one word, there is every chance that this wise move in economic construction will acquire a broader significance in time to come.)
10) Anything (anyone) that (who)...will have to...
(e.g. Those who have a strong bias against the Chinese nation (will) have to treat her with increased respect.)