1) But in the other culture/atmosphere/society/scope/field, by contrast, the thing(s)/person(s)/subject(s) grow(s)/develop(s)/turn(s) out/act(s) in the opposite/contrary directions.
(或a(n) completely/entirely/qualitatively/vastly/strikingly different result comes of/from the same thing/action/practice/event.)
(e.g. But in the western societies, by contrast, an entirely different result/effect comes of the same thing.)
2) Of all the differences between A and B, the greatest one is...
在A与B之间所有的差异当中，最大的差异是… (e.g. Of all the differences between science and pseudoscience, the greatest one is their truthfulness. Science originates in nature or from practice while pseudoscience is created/invented out of nothing or without foundation.)
3) A study of.../A cold look at/into...may be the best/sound way to learn more about the difference/contrast between A and B.
对…的研究/调查也许是得知更多A与B不同之处的最佳/合理途径。 (e.g. A study of attitudes towards money may be the sound way to learn more about the contrast between a noble-minded person and a person with vulgar interests.)
4) Against the same/different background(s), however, what stands out most between the two things/from he same thing is...
然而，在相同/不同的背景下，两者/同一事物表现最明显的差异是… (e.g. Against the same background, however, what stands out between the two peoples is the angles/perspectives from which they see things.)
5) Between the two things/subjects/people under comparison, nothing can bring out/present as great/sharp/poignant contrast as...
(e.g. ...as poignant contrast as the occasion when both run into danger.)
6) As far as...is/are concerned, sth. in question means/signifies/symbolizes...
就…而言，问题意味着/象征… (e.g. As far as a person of bad taste is concerned, life means seeking for physical incentives, of which money is usually counted as No. One.)
7) If adopted/used to define/measure/weigh/judge..., sth. in question is often seen/valued/looked upon/thought of/referred to/cherished as.../is embodied (reflected) in.../lies (consists) in...
用于定义/衡量/判断…，该事物通常被视为/体现了/在于… (e.g. If adopted to weigh the college student, beauty is embodied in his or her comprehensive qualities.)
8) With/For/To..., sth. in question is just the same as.../is as...as... /is like.../is...
对于…而言，某事物就如同…一样。 (e.g. With some of the upstarts, luxurious living is just as essential as parading their success.)
9) In the case of..., sth. stands for/refers to/means...
就…而言，某事物代表了/指的是/意味着… (e.g. In the case of the Me-generation, friendship stands for an obedient tool on hand.)
10) What is the meaning/interpretation/connotation of...if it is limited /restricted to the field/scope/circle/group of...?
如果限制在…的领域/范围/圈子/群体中，…的意义/解释/内涵是什么？ (e.g. What is the meaning of loyalty if it is restricted to the circle of pure scientists?)
Joy and sadness are experienced by people in all cultures around the world, but how can we tell when other people are happy or despondent? It turns out that the expression of many
"When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your