1) All that sth. has done for our society seems like a big step forward in the right/wrong direction, but it has also brought along with it a great worry /benefit to...(the average people.)
(sth.: cloning, the reform in managerial structures, etc.)
2) The birth/invention of...has made an enormous/essential difference to ...But it does not mean that...
…的诞生（发明）对…产生了巨大的（重要的）影响，但这并不意味着… (e.g. The birth of the computer has made a radical difference to the human progress. But it does not mean that this wonder does no threat to our society.)
3) Sth. has changed the way our society develops....But its bright side should not keep us from following closely its dark side.
(sth.: the genetic engineering, etc.)
4) Things about...are going on to our advantage, but a long cool look at ...reveals that...
…正朝着对我们有利的方向发展 (e.g. Things about the reform in state enterprises are not going on to the most workers' advantage....But a long cool look at this move reveals that it will produce some substantial benefits to our nation in a long run.)
5) No/Little doubt that...But...
毫无疑问…但是… (e.g.［There is］ Little doubt that the traditional schooling has contributed much to our social development....But some grave defects in it begin to stand out against the modern times.)
6) What does sth. mean?
7) How/Why does sth. affect our life?
8) What is it like to do...?
……是怎样（一种情况）呢？ (e.g. What is it like to have lost all confidence in oneself?)
9) What would our society be like if there were no...?
如果没有……，那我们的社会会怎样呢？ (e.g. What would our society be like if there were no public morals?)
10) Should we put sth. above sth. else?
或：Should we attach as much weight to A as to B?
或：我们是否可以对A和B同等重视呢？ (e.g. Should we put intellectual development above moral education?)
Joy and sadness are experienced by people in all cultures around the world, but how can we tell when other people are happy or despondent? It turns out that the expression of many
"When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your