1) It is a traditional practice to...in our society.
在我们的社会里…是一个传统的做法。 (e.g. It is a traditional practice for young people to be financially dependent on their parents for anything like marriage and housing.)
2) It has long been considered only right and proper to...(in China.)
2 （在中国）…长期以来被视为是理所应该的。 (e.g. It has long been considered only right and proper/perfectly justified for the old to assume full responsibility for the growth of the young.)
3) As things usually go against sb.'s will, his original intention was to...
3 往往事与愿违，他本来的目的是要… (e.g. As things usually go against man's will, his original intention was to change the way people lived by inventing the internal combustion engine. Indeed, its birth has greatly enhanced their enjoyment of life, especially in traveling and transporting. But its dark side is presenting a growing worry to our society.)
例：往往事与愿违，他本来的目的是要通过发明内燃发动机来改变人们的生活方式。这种内 燃机的诞生确实大大地方便了人们的生活，尤其是旅行和运输。但其不利的一面却给我们社 会带来了越来越多的忧虑。
4) The current situation of..., if approached from the opposite angle, reveals that...
4 如果从对立的角度来看, …的当前形势显示… (e.g. The current situation of our reforms is political structure, if approached from the opposite angle, reveals that much of the achievement is far from satisfactory. For example,...But...)
5) Everything about...seems (not) to be getting on smoothly/just as one wishes in...
5 关于…似乎一切进展顺利（正如某人的意愿发展）。 (e.g. Everything about the economic reform seems to be getting on just as our government wishes in China.)
6) To sb.'s mind/In sb.'s eye(s), sth. seems/means...
6在某人看来，某事似乎（意味着）… (e.g. In the eyes of the public, official corruption means taking bribes,. ..But such corruption comes in many different forms.)
7) No one would deny that...
7没有人会否认… 或：Everyone would agree that...或：…，这一点毫无异议。
8) When it comes to...(sth.), most people (the public) maintain(s)/contend(s) that...
8说到…，大多数人（公众）坚持认为（争辩说）… (e.g. When it comes to fake commodities, every consumer has much anger to pour upon them.)
9) Now it is widely believed that...
9现在人们普遍认为… (e.g. Now it is widely believed that examinations are the best possible measure for the selection of the qualified.)
10) A public debate has arisen as to/over/concerning...
10关于…公众就此展开了一场辩论。 (e.g. A public debate has arisen as to whether one should step forward bravely in the event of crime.)
Joy and sadness are experienced by people in all cultures around the world, but how can we tell when other people are happy or despondent? It turns out that the expression of many
"When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your