291. Do most of us seeing people grasp casually the outward features of a face and _D_?
A let it alone B let alone C let well alone D let it go at that
seeing people 视力健全的人； casually 随意地，随便地；
let is go at that表示“不去多操心，不再多说，随它去了”。
316. The policemen went into action _C_ they heard the alarm.
A presently B promptly C directly D quickly
directly adv. 直接的； conj. 一…就… ，一当…时候。
表示“一…就…”的几个短语：as soon as, the instant, the moment, directly.
323. The cat is, _D_, a member of the family.
A as to speak B no wonder C as a fact D so to speak
so to speak 可以这么说。
335. “What can I do for you?” “If you _C_ see Mr. Keller, give him my regards.”
A would B will C should D shall
regard n. 关心，致意，问候，考虑；
356. The Mayor and Corporation of Hamelin were _A_ for some way of ridding the town of rats. [The Mayor and Corporation 市长和市政当局]
A at their wit’s end B at their wits end C in their wit’s end D for their wits end
at one's wit's end 智穷才竭，黔驴技穷。
383. I think your sister is old enough to know _B_ to spend all her money on fancy goods.
A other than B better than C rather than D more than
know better than 明白事理而不至于做…
417. The police looked _B_ the past record of the suspect.
A in B into C for D of
suspect v. 猜疑，怀疑； n. 嫌疑犯。
look for 寻找； look in 顺便看望，顺便拜访； look into 观察，调查。
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to