191. A judge must be _B_ when weighing evidence.
A interested B disinterested C uninterested D disconnected
weigh vt. 斟酌，考虑； interested adj. 有兴趣的； disinterested adj. 公正的，无私的；
uninterested adj. 不感兴趣的； disconnected adj. 分离的，不连贯的。
217. Although he sometimes lost his temper, his pupils liked him _D_ for it.
A not so much B not so little C no more D no less
lose one’s temper 发脾气。
222. Wise men seek after truth, _A_ fools desire knowledge.
A whereas B or C as well as D hence
whereas conj. 反之，但是。
239. Water and air are _D_ to living.
A independent B initial C dependent D indispensable
be indispensable to 至关重要的，不可或缺的；
240. This report throws light _B_ the situation.
A in B on C with D to
throw light on 把光投到…上去，（引申）清楚的阐述。
246. _B_ that we will go abroad.
A It’s like B Chances are C The most likely D Chances will be
chances are 很有可能… ； chances were 很有可能…
253. Is there any chance _B_?
A whichever B whatsoever C wherever D whenever
262. She is so clever as to speak several foreign languages, not to _D_ of English.
A say B tell C read D speak
not speak of 更不用说 = not to mention
270. What he did was _C_ than a practical joke.
A anything else B or else C nothing else D more else
practical joke 恶作剧； nothing else than 只不过，仅仅。
283. I’ll be away for about six months but you can write to me _A_ my brother.
A in care of B by care of C with care of D under care of
in care of 由…转交。 = C/O
284. Correct the errors, _D_, in the sentence.
A if there will be any B if there are some C if they have any D if any
288. There is no point _C_ in a dangerous place if you can’t do anything _C_ the people who have to stay here.
A remaining … helping B to remain … to help
C in remaining … to help D in remaining … helping
there is no point in doing sth. 做某事也是毫无意义； 这里point表示“作用，用途”。
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to