40. Let’s begin the lesson at the place where we _A_ last time.
A left off B left out C left to D left up
leave off 停止，中断； leave out = omit 遗漏；
43. Education does not _D_ simply _D_ learning a lot of facts.
A consist; of B consist; from C consist; for D consist; in
consist of 包括； consist in（抽象意义的）在于 = lie in在于。
49. There is no tree _A_ bears some fruit.
A but B which C that D unless
本句可改写为这种形式：There is no tree that does not bears some fruit.
50. “Will you be able to finish the job this week?” “_D_.”
A I don’t know so B I can’t say so C I’m not sure so D I don’t expect so
I don't expect so 恐怕不行。
394. “I hope that John will play basketball tomorrow.” “Yes, I _D_.”
A hope it too B hope too C hope that too D hope so too
395. “I slipped on the stairs. I think my arm is broke.” “Oh, I _D_.”
A do not hope so B do not hope C hope not so D hope not
肯定用：I hope so. 否定用：I hope not.
51. She died when she was ninety, not of old age, but _B_ head injury when she fell down a flight of stairs.
A of B from C with D for
die of 表示因年老，疾病或饥饿而死亡； die from 指因为受伤而死亡。
57. You have no busniess _D_ to me the way you did the other day.
A to be talked B being talked C to talk D talking
have no business doing sth. 没有理由（权利）做某事。
132. _B_ day Bill was starting his motor-bike when his sister Mary came out and asked for a lift. [the other day 几天前]
A Some B The other C Another D On one
65. I’d just as soon _A_ rudely to her.
A you didn’t speak B that you don’t speak
C that you won’t speak D you hadn’t speak
wish, would rather后面加句子，句子谓语动词用一般过去时。
would just as soon的用法与would rather完全相同。
69. Which screw do you want? _A_ will do.
A Any one B Not one C Everyone D Anyone
any one 任何一个（指事物）； no one 没有人； everyone 每个人； anyone 任何人。
73. I suppose you’re not serious, _C_?
A don’t you B do I C are you D aren’t you
但suppose, think, believe, imagine这四个动词后面加了宾语从句，
82. The chair belongs _B_ the corner.
A to B in C on D with
belong to 属于（表示归属关系）； belong in 在…有适当的位置。
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to