65. I was _B_ the point of telephoning him when his letter arrived.
A to B on C at D in
to the point of 到了…程度； on the point of doing sth. 正要做某事情；
at the point of 在某点上； when除了表示“当…时候”外，还可以表示“恰在此时”或“刚…就…”
68. The project _C_ by the end of 2000, will expand the city's telephone network to cover 1,000,000 users.
A accomplished B being accomplished
C to be accomplished D having been accomplished
69. _C_ evidence that language-acquiring ability must be stimulated.
A If being B It is C There is D There being
language-acquiring ability 语言习得能力。 evidence不用在“it is …”这种结构当中。
64. After the guests left, she spent half an hour _C_ the sitting-room[客厅].
A ordering B arranging C tidying up D clearing away
order vt. 命令；订购；整理，使有条理性； order one's thoughts 整理思路，整理思绪；
arrange v. 布置，安排； tidy up 整理，使整洁（后面通常加某个房间）；
clear away 把…清除掉。
67. A lorry[卡车] _A_ Jane's cat and sped away.
A ran over B ran into C ran through D ran down
run over 撞倒并碾过； run into 不期然地遇到； run through 贯穿（多用于抽象事物）；
run down 贬低； run down one's opinion.
70. Those gifts of rare books that were given to us were deeply _A_.
A appreciated B approved C appealed D applied
rare books 珍藏本的书籍； appreciate 重视，欣赏，感激； approve 批准，通过，赞成；
approve of 赞成，满意； apply 应用，运用；
15. Will you _C_ coming to dinner with me?
A have the pleasure of B give the pleasure in
C do me the pleasure of D take pleasure in
pleasure n. 荣幸； 第二选项的正确形式应为：give me the pleasure of
C选项也可写为：do me the favor(favour) of
18. _C_ Goul had said it, he knew what a mistake he had made.
A at once B No sooner C The moment D Hardly
以下几个引导词都可以表示“一…就…”：as soon as, the instant, the moment.
25. Norin received a bad wound _B_ the leg when he was shot at.
A on B in C at D of
表示身体某一部位受伤用介词in。 hit sb. in the face 打某人一个耳光。
28. Cork was angry; _D_ he listened to me.
A and B but C so D nevertheless
cork n. 软木塞。 nevertheless conj. 尽管如此。
34. That _A_ instrument can record even very slightly changes.
A delicate B feeble C sensible D feasible
instrument n. 仪器，（弹奏的）乐器； delicate instrument 精密仪器。
delicate adj. 精密的，准确的； feeble adj. 软弱的，无力的； sensible adj. 明智的；
sensitive adj. 敏感的； be sensitive to 对…很敏感； feasible adj. 可行的，行得通的。
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to