56. This crop does not do well in soils[各种土壤] _B_ the one for which it has been specially developed.
A outside B other than C beyond D rather than
outside prep. 在…外边； rather than 而不是（肯定前者，否定后者）。
beyond prep. 超出…的范围； beyond his wildest dreams 超出他最狂野的梦想。
other than 不同于，而非，当它与否定词no或not出现在同一个句子中时表示“除…之外”。
66. In no country _A_ Britain, it has been said, can on experience four seasons in the course of a single day.
A other than B more than C better than D rather than
63. My father seemed to be in no _A_ to look at my school report.
A mood B emotion C attitude D feeling
be in no mood to do/doing sth. 没有情绪（心情）做什么事情。
67. I'm sorry I can't see you immediately; but if you'd like to take a seat, I'll be with you _B_. [in a moment 马上，立即（它作为时间状语时一定与将来时态搭配）= in an instant.]
A for a moment B in a moment C for the moment D at the moment
68. The trumpet player was certainly loud. But I wasn't bothered by his loudness _D_ by his lack of talent. [trumpet 小号]
A than B more than C as D so much as
当否定词not与so much as出现在同一句子中时，它们的含义是：与其说…不如说…
70. Our journey was slow because the train stopped _D_ at different villages.
A unceasingly B gradually C continuously D continually
unceasingly adv. 不停止地，不休止地； gradually adv. 逐渐地，逐步地；= step by step.
continuously adv. 连续不断地； continually adv. 时断时续地。
43. Frankfurt, Germany, is in one of the most _A_ populated regions of Western Europe.
A densely B vastly C enormously D largely
densely populated 人口分布稠密； sparsely populated 人口分布稀疏。
52. _D_ of the two books holds the opinion that the danger of nuclear war is increasing.
A None B Either C Both D Neither
55. Beethoven is my favorite musician. I regard him as _A_ other musicians.
A superior to B more superior than C more superior to D superior than
58. She is a very _D_ secretary: she never forgets anything or makes a mistake.
A anxious B effective C adequate D efficient
anxious adj. 忧虑的，焦虑的； anxiety n. 焦虑，忧虑； effective adj. 有效的；
take effective measures 采取有效的措施； adequate adj. 充足的，足够的；= surficient.
efficient adj. 效率高的，能胜任的。
64. The computer has brought about surprising technological changes _B_ we organize and produce information.
A in a way B in the way C in that way D in no way
in the way 引导句子时表示“在...方面”。
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to