42. Don't get your schedule _C_; stay with us in this class.
A to change B changing C changed D change
43. It is quite necessary for a qualified teacher to have good manners and _A_ knowledge.
A extensive B expansive C intensive D expensive
extensive adj. 范围广大的，广博的； extensive knowledge 知识渊博。
expansive adj. 扩张的，面积广阔的； expensive adj. 昂贵的，高价的。
intensive adj. 仔细深入的，细致入微的。
54. The patient's health failed to such an extent that he was put into _C_ care.
A tense B rigid C intensive D tight
to such an extent 到如此的程度。 intensive care 特级护理。
44. Jean doesn't want to work right away because she thinks that if she _B_ a job she probably wouldn't be able to see her friends very often.
A has to get B were to get C had got D could have got
46. A love marriage, however, does not necessarily _B_ much sharing of interests and responsibilities. [a love marriage因相爱而结婚形成的婚姻]
A take over B result in C hold on D keep to
not necessarily 未必； interests n. 利益。 take over 接管，接收；
result in 导致，结果是； hold on 坚持，挺住； keep to 坚持，遵守。
47. The ability to store knowledge makes computers different form every other machine _A_ invented. [ever adj. 曾经，以往任何时候]
A ever B thus C yet D as
48. I'm not sure whether I can gain any profit from the investment, so I can't make a(n) _C_ promise to help you.
A exact B defined C definite D sure
definite: unlikely to be changed 不可能被改变的； definite promise 不可能被改变的诺言。
49. I have kept that portrait _B_ I can see it every day, as it always reminds me of my university days in London.
A which B where C whether D when
remind sb. of sth. 使某人想起某事。
50. The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally _D_ because of the bad weather. [sports meet=sports meeting 运动会]
A set off B broken off C worn off D called off
21. Until then, his family _D_ from him for six months.
A didn't hear B hasn't been hearing C hasn't heard D hadn't heard
until then 直到那时。 hear from sb. 收到某人的来信，得到某人的消息。
22. The conference _B_ a full week by the time it ends.
A must have lasted B will have lasted C would last D has lasted
24. Physics is _B_ to the science which was called natural philosophy in history.
A alike B equivalent C likely D uniform
be alike to sb. 对于某人来说均是一样的。 be equivalent to 相当于。
All tastes are alike to him. 所有味道对他来说都一样。
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to