57. He is _A_ about his chances of winning a gold medal in the Olympics next year.
A optimistic B optional C outstanding D obvious
optimistic adj. 乐观的； pessimistic adj. 悲观的； be optimistic about 对…持乐观态度。
optional adj. 随意的，任选的，非强制性的； optional courses 选修课；
outstanding adj. 卓越的，杰出的； obvious adj. 明显的。
58. Sometimes I wish I _B_ in a different time and a different place.
A be living B were living C would live D would have lived
59. The director was critical _C_ the way we were doing the work.
A at B in C of D with
be critical of 对...爱挑剔的，批评。
60. In a sudden _B_ of anger, the man tore up everything within reach.
A attack B burst C split D blast
within reach 够得着； out of reach 够不着； burst 爆发，迸发；
1 能与人的情绪（喜、怒、哀、乐）搭配； 2 能与掌声、笑声搭配。
61. _D_ she realized it was too late to go home.
A No sooner it grew dark than B Hardly did it grow dark that
C Scarcely had it grown dark than D It was not until dark that
62. In Britain people _C_ four million tons of potatoes every year.
A swallow B dispose C consume D exhaust
swallow 吞，咽； dispose 去掉，处理，安排； consume 消费，消耗； consumer 消费者；
63. I'd _A_ his reputation with other farmers and business people in the community, and then make a decision about whether or not to approve a loan.
A take into account B account for C make up for D make out
take into account 考虑； make up for 弥补，补偿。
65. She cooked the meat for a long time so as to make it _D_ enough to eat.
A mild B slight C light D tender
mild adj. 不辣的； hot adj. 辣的； extra hot 极辣的；
light adj. 清淡的，容易消化的；蛋糕点心等松软的； muffin n. 松饼；
slight adj. 轻微的，少量的； tender adj. 肉嫩的。
steak n. 牛排；rare 三成熟的；medium 七成熟的；well-done 全熟的；medium rare 五成熟。
66. We take our skin for granted until it is burned _A_ repair.
A beyond B for C without D under
take sth. for granted 把什么事当成理所当然的而不重视； beyond prep. 超出 … 的范围。
67. The computer revolution may well change society as _C_ as did the Industrial Revolution.
A certainly B insignificantly C fundamentally D comparatively
certainly 当然的，确定无疑的（主观思想较浓厚）； insignificantly 没有意义的，无足轻重的；
comparatively 相比较而言的； fundamentally 根本性的，从本质上来说。
68. _C_ in this way, the situation doesn't seem so disappointing.
A To look at B Looking at C Looked at D To be looked at
70. Some women _D_ a good salary in a job instead of staying home, but they decided not to work for the sake of the family.
A must make B should have made C would make D could have made
for the sake of为了… ；为了…的利益；
与过去事实相反时用：情态动词 + have + 动词过去分词；
should have + 动词过去分词，表示本应该…
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to