56. I walked too much yesterday and _A_ are still aching now.
A my leg muscles B my muscles of leg C my leg's muscles D my muscles of the leg
英语中一个名词修饰另外一个名词时第一个名词要用单数。 apple trees, eye drops
57. Radio, television and press _B_ of conveying news and information.
A are the most three common means B are the three most common means
C are the most common three means D are three the most common means
2. 数词应放在第二位；3. 最后考虑其他形容词。
58. Liquids are like solids _C_ they have a definite volume.
A with that B for that C in that D at that
三个与that的搭配的表达形式：now that, in that [因为], except that。
59. When a fire _C_ at the National Exhibition in London, at least ten priceless paintings were completely destroyed.
A broke off B broke down C broke out D broke up
break out （火灾、战争）突然发生，爆发；
60. The destruction of these treasures was a loss for mankind that no amount of money could _D_. [make up for 弥补]
A stand up to B put up with C come up with D make up for
61. Then the speaker _B_ the various factors leading to the present economic crisis.
A went after B went into C went for D went on
go after 追求，设法得到； go into 谈论，叙述； go for 袭击/支持； go on 继续。
62. The students was just about to _C_ the questions, when suddenly he found the answer
A arrive at B submit to C give up D work out
63. When there are small children around, it is necessary to put bottles of pills out of _B_.
A hand B reach C hold D place
out of reach 够不着； within reach 够得找。
64. The _D_ of blood always makes him feel sick.
A form B look C view D sight
form n. 形式，形状； view n. 风景，景色/视野，视域； look 指的是主观有意识的看；
sight n. 看见，瞥见（不强调主客观）。
66. Free medical treatment in this country covers sickness of mind as well as _B_ sickness
A normal B ordinary C average D regular
sickness of mind 精神病； normal adj. 正常的； average adj. 平均的，中等水平的；
regular adj. 有规律的，规则的； ordinary sickness 一般性疾病。
68. Although he had looked through all the reference material on the subject, he still found it hard to understand this point and her explanation only _C_ to his confusion.
A extended B amounted C added [add to 增加] D turned
70. It took him several months to ___ the wild horse.
A tend B cultivate C tame D breed
tame vt. 驯服； breed 强调的是繁殖，侧重指大批量的繁殖。
It take sb. sometime to do sth. 做某事花了某人多少时间。
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to