42. Mark often attempts to escape _C_ whenever he breaks traffic regulations.
A having been fined B to have been fined C being fined B to be fined
escape + 动名词。
44. It is recommended that the project _A_ until all the preparations have been made.
A not be started B will not be started C is not started D is not to be started
recommend vt. 推荐，建议，后面加句子要用虚拟语气，谓语动词的形式：(should) + 动词原形
45. I wish I _D_ longer this morning, but I had to get up and come to class.
A have slept B slept C might have slept D could have slept
wish 后面的句子要用虚拟语气，表示与过去事实相反用：情态动词 + have + 动词过去分词。
46. We didn't know his telephone number, otherwise we _D_ him.
A had telephoned B must have telephoned
C would telephone D would have telephoned
48. While people may refer to television for up-to-minute news [最新的消息], it is unlikely that television _A_ the newspaper completely.
A will replace B have replaced C replace D replaced
49. An Olympic Marathon [马拉松] is 26 miles and 385 yards, approximately [大约] _B_ from Marathon to Athens [雅典].
A distance B the distance C is the distance D the distance is
50. You will want two trees about ten feet apart, from _D_ to suspend your tent.
A there B them C where D which
介词 + which + 动词不定式(to do sth.) 整体做定语。
本句可改写为：You will want two tress about ten feet apart, to suspend your tent from.
只要见到有介词出现在空格之前，而选项中有which, them, there, where等词则应选which。
51. As I was just getting familiar with this job, I had _C_ to ask my boss.
A many B most C much D more
当many没有修饰任何其他词而单独出现时表示很多人。 much在这里相当于many things。
52. _A_ quite recently, most mothers in Britain did not take paid work outside the home.
A Until B Before C From D Since
until recently 直到最近； not surprisingly 一点也不奇怪。
53. The survival of civilization as we know it is _C_ threat.
A within B towards C under D upon
under threat 受到威胁。
55. In some countries, _D_ is called "equality" [平等] does not really mean equal rights for all people.
A which B one C that D what
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to