69. A completely new situation will _B_ when the examination system comes into existence.
A arise B rise C raise D arouse
33. Last year the advertising rate _D_ by 20 percent.
A raised B aroused C arose D rose
58. He made such a _D_ contribution to the university that they are naming one of the new buildings after him.
A genuine B minimum C modest D generous
name after 以…的名字来命名。genuine adj. 真正的，货真价实的； genuine leather 真皮；
minimum adj. 最低的，最小的； modest adj. 谦虚谨慎的，适度的；
generous adj. 慷慨的，慷慨大方的（修饰贡献等用这个）。
59. Helen was much kinder to her youngest child than she was to the others, _D_, of course, made the others jealous.
A who B that C what D which
1. which前面有逗号与其他句子分开。 2. which指的是前面整句话的内容。
67. _C_ is known to the world, Mark Twain is great American writer.
A That B Which C As D It
60. In the advanced course students must take performance tests at monthly _B_.
A gaps B intervals C length D distance
interval n. 间隔（即可指空间间隔，也可指时间间隔），四级考试中专考时间间隔的概念。
23. Students or teachers can participate in excursions to lovely beaches around the island at regular _D_.
A gaps B rate C length D intervals
at regular rate 以规则的速度； at regular interval 以规则的时间间隔；
61. Mr. Johnson preferred _A_ heavier work to do.
A to be given B to be giving C to have given D having given
64. Our company decided to _D_ the contract because a number of the conditions in it had not been met.
A destroy B resist C assume D cancel
65. She is _C_ a musician than her brother.
A much of B much as C more of D more as
be of 具有某种性质、品质或特点；
66. Having been found guilty, the man was given a severe _B_ by the judge.
A service B sentence C crime D crisis
sentence n. 判决，判刑； crisis n. 危机； economic crisis 经济危机；
68. The residents, _C_ had been damaged by the flood, were given help by the Red Cross.
A all their homes B all whose homes C all of whose homes D all of their homes
69. You can't afford to let the situation get worse. You must take _D_ to put it right.
A decisions B directions C sides D steps
take steps 采取措施，采取行动； take measures 采取措施；
70. Look at the terrible situation I am in! If only I _B_ your advice.
A follow B had followed C would follow D have followed
if only 如果，要是...就好了，其后面的句子一定要用虚拟语气。
1. 如果if only后面的句子表示与现在或将来的事实相反，这时谓语动词用一般过去时体现虚拟语气。
2. 如果if only后面的句子表示与过去的事实相反，这时谓语动词用过去完成时体现虚拟语气。
47. If only the committee _D_ the regulations and put them into effect as soon as possible
A approve B will approve C can approve D would approve
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to